Our partner is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will take part in the creation of innovative products for the IoT sector. The project domain would be a remote IoT device management functionality.
They need their new Senior DevOps Engineer to:
- Drive improvement and optimizations of the technologies utilized in the deployment and operations process.
- Provide solutions for complex and non-standard use cases where creativity, knowledge and experience are needed.
- Build, maintain and improve the automated mechanism for deploying infrastructure sets on different commercial clouds
- Implement and utilize automation tools for provisioning of service components on cloud infrastructure
- Build, maintain and improve the environment for developing, verifying and deploying the automation and provisioning mechanism.
- Build and continuously improve a highly effective monitoring system for ensuring security and operational requirements (reliability, availability, scalability, performance, capacity etc.) are met.
- Complete service deployment for new customers, including dependency checks, installation and initial configuration
- Control planned maintenance activities such as updates or patch deployment of applications, environment components or infrastructure services
- Support resolution of occurred incidents and perform root cause analysis to drive continuous improvement
- Implement and utilize automation tools for repeating operational tasks and incident recovery
- Create technical documentation (handbooks) for executing day to day operational tasks
- Take shifts for on-call duties and be available in case of major service failures
During your work career, which is at least 5 years long, you gained knowledge/experience:
- as system administrator, operating complex infrastructure and Linux based services.
- as DevOps or Software Infrastructure Engineer
- of networking and infrastructure services
- with CI and CD tools, preferably Jenkins
- of Linux based operating systems.
- with Kubernetes and Helm
- with implementing ELK stack in production environments
- with provisioning AWS or Microsoft Azure services
- with implementation of security mechanisms
- in troubleshooting and operating at all levels (OS, application, database and network) within large scale systems
- Desire to learn and work with the different Infrastructure services offered by the commercial clouds.
A big plus is an experience with:
- Solid experience with provisioning and developing monitoring solutions
- Knowledge and experience with at least one scripting language
- Solid experience with automation and provisioning tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Basic knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Change Management and Release Management processes
- Experience with Java Enterprise technologies and frameworks.
They can offer:
- Work in a well-established and growing international company
- Work on products and projects with high visibility and strategic importance
- Work on projects with some of the world’s leading companies
- Open and friendly working atmosphere, stable work environment, positive office culture, availability to work from home
- Personal training plan (annual goals and budget)
- Very competitive remuneration package based on performance
- Standard working hours (9-18h)
- Collaborate with colleagues and teams from around the globe (Japan, Singapore, Australia, China, Germany, United States and more)
- Ability to participate in the development of the next generation IoT
Looking forward to talking with you! Let's do it at firstname.lastname@example.org
(License No. 2709 valid from 17.01.2019)