Our client is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. Their core Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
As a Backend Engineer you will:
> solve challenges including distributed compute grids, workflow engines, systems integrations, SDKs, and web applications that let their customers harness Machine Learning to drive their business processes
> collaborate cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineers, including Machine Learning, Front-End/Full Stack, DevOps, and QA
> contribute across the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, development, testing, deployment, and operations
> design easy-to-use interfaces that will be leveraged by other developers, including APIs for 3rd-party developers
> be a technical leader in your squad, helping to drive technical decisions, prioritizations, and tradeoffs
> mentor/guide other engineers and help improve technical and other practices within the squad
> do so in an environment where squads own their own domains and drive their roadmaps bottom-up
They believe in bottom-up autonomy with top-down alignment. They look for people who want to contribute their ideas to help them continue to get better technically and in other ways. They also look for people who have a strong sense of team and want to collaborate effectively and support each other.
Desired Experience and Qualities:
- Experience in building enterprise-grade systems in different environments
- 5+ yrs. of experience solving backend software engineering challenges
- Strong ability to reason about engineering approaches to a problem
- Deep software architecture and design experience
- Comfortable learning and implementing new technologies
- Proven technical/mentorship and ownership abilities
- Experience with database systems, including SQL and/or NoSQL solutions
- Track record of shipping high-quality code
- Experience in an Agile and DevOps environment
What You Will Achieve:
Within your first 30 days:
- You will get acquainted and eventually be fully comfortable navigating the full codebase, the technology stack, the development processes and org structure within the company.
- You will learn the product and will make your first significant, user-impacting contributions to one of our products.
- You will get to know our ML domain, codebase, and practical applications.
Within your first quarter and beyond:
- You will be an integral part of the team and a driven, focused self-starter who can navigate a certain amount of ambiguity, and who is not afraid to take a sizable chunk of functionality, analyze it, break it down, implement it and then assume ownership and responsibility over it.
- You will be taking an active role in discussions about possible solutions, different approaches, API designs and more.
Benefits & Perks:
- You’ll work with some of the best machine learning, software and QA engineers in one of the most innovative tech companies in Sofia
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis + Remote work option as well
- A great office, with excellent location
- Massages at the office by a professional massage therapist
- Auto assistant for your car
- Catered lunches, afternoon breakfasts, and a great variety of snacks and drinks
- A sports card, covering various options for sport
- Additional health insurance package, including extensive medical, dental & vision care
- Truly competitive salary
- Stock options
- Referral bonus
For more details, let's talk at email@example.com
(License No. 2709 valid from 17.01.2019)